Re: question about s ystemd

On Sun 12 Oct 2014 at 22:34:22 +0100, Brian wrote:

Having a body to a mail is much better. (Or maybe not if the content
is of no interest. :))

On Sat 11 Oct 2014 at 21:37:50 -0700, koanhead wrote:

> On 10/11/2014 12:20 PM, Brian wrote:
> > On Sat 11 Oct 2014 at 12:49:15 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> >> This is very true, but the kernel knows its boundaries, and doesn't try
> >> to conquor all sorts of other, non-related, subsystems.
> >
> > What does that mean? It sounds deep but plumbing the depths of its
> > shallowness is a task for someone with more time than the universe has
> > got.
> >
> >                                                                                                                  > It's pretty simple. The kernel has actual, literal boundaries, which it                                            > enforces. The part of the system you use is outside those boundaries,                                              > with certain mechanisms for passing data between user-space and                                                    > kernel-space. If you took time away from insulting people on mailing
> lists to crack a book once in a while, you might know that.

Now that you have explained it so clearly I can see why such a
consideration should be uppermost in the mind of anyone installing Debian
and why the distinction makes a substantial contribution to the primary
subject of this thread.

But don't lose sight of the fact that having Debian without systemd is
easy; dead easy.