Re: Proposal: An alternative to mailing lists which isn't a forum

On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 23:24:38 -0400
Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:

> Microsoft comes to mind - the run a couple of dozen newsgroups on
> various support topics (http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/150057) -
> just point your newsreader at their server.

You may be out of date here, Microsoft announced about three years ago
they were abandoning Usenet, and as far as I know, they have. The
groups still exist, but they're empty now. I used to be active on the
Small Business Server group, and that definitely died then, they have
moved it all to a web forum system, with voting and point-scoring and
much silliness, along with an altered interface every now and then.

--
Joe