Re: Proposal: An alternative to mailing lists which isn't a forum

Personally, I think the 'stack exchange' model is the best one out there at the
moment. See for example <http://askubuntu.com/>. If you aren't familiar with
the model, I'd do a bad job of summarizing it, so I won't try; but one facet is
that it encourages good *questions* as well as answers.

There is an unofficial Debian site which is very similar at
<http://ask.debian.net/>, based on the AGPL software "Shapado". Sadly IMHO it's
a long way from the quality of the Stack Exchange (closed source) system, at
the moment. Ask.d.n also lacks eyeballs.

--
Jonathan Dowland