Re: question about systemd

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 17:59:49 -0500
Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

> * On 2014 09 Oct 17:51 -0500, James Ensor wrote:
> > Just for kicks, I also purged cgmanager.  I guess I like to live
> > dangerously.  Nothing bad seems to have happened.
>
> I am very curious how you dealt with policykit?  Or do you not mount
> USB flash drives?  I'm a bit fed up that mounting a USB flash drive
> from the Xfce desktop results in a mount that is read only for the
> mounting user.  Writes require root privileges.
>
> I am running systemd, so all this *should* be automagically working
> and still my desktop is broken compared to a year or less ago.  I've
> been patient expecting bugs to be fixed, but so far, this behavior
> remains.

Half the distros I've used couldn't mount flash drives. If systemd
takes away that ability, screw it, I'll do what I've always done, have
mount NOPASSORD in sudoers, and write a little shellscript, a couple
keystrokes called by dmenu, that mounts and tells the mountpoint. Maybe
even cd's to it within an xterm session.

Of course, I run a one person desktop. No way I'd do that on a server.

LOL, the more people bust old features putting in new features, the
more I kludge.

SteveT