Re: Jessie and Systemd integration

On Thu 18 Sep 2014 at 19:46:43 +0200, Slavko wrote:

> Dňa Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:53:21 +0100 Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>
> napísal:
>
> > For anyone intending to install Jessie, which is the only thing which
> > matters for Debian and the immediate future, the practical
> > alternatives and direction to take have been described many times
> > over the past few months. In fact, in the last few days:
> >
> >   [🔎] 12092014224057.ff13b66f7de8@desktop.copernicus.demon.co.uk">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 12092014224057.ff13b66f7de8@desktop.copernicus.demon.co.uk
> >   [🔎] 17092014175756.ef88cea781b0@desktop.copernicus.demon.co.uk">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 17092014175756.ef88cea781b0@desktop.copernicus.demon.co.uk
> >

> Are you know, that this will work, or you are think, that this will
> work? Beware, if one think, then this one don't know.
>
> You are too quick. Your suggestions simple doesn't work everywhere, as
> i posted more times here. Because you are able to find links, please
> find them by self...

I know that

  apt-get install sysvinit-core

will replace systemd as PID 1. At a reboot no system unit files will be
used and afterwards all services will be managed by sysvinit.

I also know that

  apt-get install systemd-shim

is intended to run aspects of systemd without having systemd as PID 1.

I do not know how this works for everyone. If it does not work as
expected a well-documented bug report is the way to go.