Re: Jessie and Systemd integration

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014, T.J. Duchene wrote:
> What I want to know with complete surety is:
>
> a)   If I will have to have systemd installed even if I do not want it.

No, unless you install something which requires systemd to be PID 1.

> b) If completely purging Systemd and using an offered alternative
> break or otherwise hamper the packaging system.

This follows from the above.

That said, if you actually want this configuration to be supported with
whatever software you want to install in Jessie and future releases, you
need to test the configuration with the software that you care about in
Jessie and file bugs if necessary.

You might also need to either do the work to help make it supported, or
help enable other people to do the work.

Build a fire for a man, an he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
 -- Jules Bean