brasero requires systemd-sysv

brasero depends on systemd-sysv.  Here is the chain of dependencies I've identified, with the help of some folks on this list:

brasero -> gvfs -> gvfs-daemons -> udisks2 -> libpam-systemd -> systemd-sysv

For now I'd like to ignore the option of using systemd-shim and just examine why a cd burning application depends on a particular init system.  My goal is to either 1) understand why it has to be this way, or 2) understand enough that I can submit a bug for one of the above packages to break this chain.

Michael Biebl already informed me that brasero uses gvfs to detect removable media (thanks for that).  Apparently there are other methods available (xfburn doesn't use gvfs), but the brasero developers have chosen to use gvfs.

I'm going to need help understanding the rest of the dependencies.

I'd also like to know if there are any features of brasero that *really* require systemd to be used as the init system -- features that would not work with sysvinit.  I'm hoping Michael or some other developers can chime in on this one.

-Rob