Re: brasero requires systemd-sysv

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 11:12:24 -0400 (EDT)
Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:

> I'd also like to know if there are any features of brasero that
> *really* require systemd to be used as the init system -- features
> that would not work with sysvinit.  I'm hoping Michael or some other
> developers can chime in on this one.

This doesn't work like that; it is a _chain_ of dependencies.

You wrote:
brasero -> gvfs -> gvfs-daemons -> udisks2 -> libpam-systemd ->
systemd-sysv

which is much more:
brasero <- gvfs <- gvfs-daemons <- udisks2 <- libpam-systemd <-
systemd-sysv

Meaning:
libpam-systemd	depends on systemd-sysv
udisk2    	   "    "  libpam-systemd
gvfs-daemons	   "    "  udisk2
gvfs		   "    "  gvfs-daemons
brasero		   "    "  gvfs

Kinda (reduced;): a key is needed for my car to start and gas too (2
deps), a road is needed to run my car, I need a car to go to wallmart
which is 10 miles away.