Re: systemd fails to poweroff - "A stop job is running for Session 2 of user $USER"

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Paul E Condon
<pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

> In English, both 'stop job' and 'stopped job' are an adjective
> modifying a noun. The noun in both cases is 'job'. 'stop job' is a
> noun phrase expressing a type of job, and must be some kind of geeky
> usage. OTOH, the noun phrase 'stopped job' is a job that is not
> progressing, or not running. But in this context, 'job' must itself
> have a geeky, technical jargon meaning.

I don't understand why you've got a bee under your bonnet because of
the "stop job" phrase!

"Stop" in "stop job" isn't an adjective, it's a noun (or an
attributive noun) just like "office" in "office chair."