Re: date/time of photos SOLVED

On 08/04/2014 08:11 AM Michael Kjörling wrote:
On 4 Aug 2014 21:59 +1200, from cbannister@slingshot.co.nz (Chris Bannister):
On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 05:08:38AM -0400, ken wrote:
It was quite awhile ago, but I used gthumb to offload photos from my Nikon.
I didn't like it though because the date&time of the photos were all changed
to the date&time of the download.  I much prefer to keep the date&time when
the photo was taken.  What experience do others have?

You could use the ExiF data to get the date the photo was taken.

Indeed. Here's a script I wrote to do exactly that, in case it's
useful for anyone. Consider it to be in the public domain.

It needs adjusting for your particular situation, and it certainly
isn't optimized for performance, but it does the job just fine at
least with my camera.

Thanks, Michael, for your script. It's a very good start for what I've been trying to do for a long time. I'm calling the problem 'solved'.

Best regards,
k-