Re: End of hypocrisy ?

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 6:20 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Andrew McGlashan
> <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:

>> The argument here is likely that the upgrade should have been tested on
>> a test cluster FIRST and perhaps extensively -- if you have that many
>> servers in play, you should have a development, test and production
>> environment to work with and very stringent change control methods in place.
>
> Come on! Changes go through dev and uat before being rolled out to
> prod. The night-shift sysadmin who made the changes screwed up. It
> happens...

When the operating system itself tries to hold the night-shift admin
by the hand, we have serious problems.

Current trading systems are completely wrong. It's no surprise if they
can't get the failover part right, either.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.