Device mac addy keeps changing

I have bright house DSL and the hook up is as follows. The incoming cable is hooked to their box and then my router is hooked up to that. From the router I have a hard wired desk top and a hard wire to my lap top (for when wifi is down).

When I set up wireless connection with network tools I put in the dma for my router since it is password protected. Since bright house is changing to echo (still not sure what it is but believe it is wifi for the whole house) they no longer support wireless for my lap top only for the hard wired desktop.

Everytime wifi goes down I go back into the network tools and a different dma is there. I change it back to my router and it works until I shut down. When I reboot it, it is back to their dma. Is there some one to make sure that the dma is permanent and cannot be changed?

TIA
Maureen