Re: Skype access cancelled for Debian versions before 7

On 03/08/2014, Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/08/2014, Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au>
> wrote:
>> On 3/08/2014 6:46 PM, Bret Busby wrote:

<snip>

>>> And, in terms of party politics, remember that the whole of the
>>> federal parliament, agreed that Australians are not entitled to human
>>> rights, and thence, to the protections (such as they exist elsewhere)
>>> of a Bill of Rights.
>>
>> Actually we are subject to a bill of rights, see here:
>>
>> http://www.clrg.info/2011/02/validity-of-bill-of-rights-1688/
>>

> That applies only to Victoria - I believe that, like motor vehicle
> roadworthiness testing, human rights legislation applies to only two
> states of Australia.

I apologise - after posting my response, I realise that the material
on that web page, went beyond the first letter, which applies only to
Victoria. Thus, that web page relates to two other states, I believ,
in addition to Victoria.

However, please read the text below, and, please read the citation of
what Michael Kirby said - he is much more an authority on the matter,
at the Australian federal level.

> [...]
>> pretenses.  Local councils corporations operate as local government
>> bodies today, but without the rights to do what they are doing ...
>> legitimize those corporations and they'll go gang busters -- give them
>> an inch, they'll take a 100 miles!
>

> It depends on how you regard the status of local governments in Australia.
>
> Without federal constitutiional recognition and protection of local
> governments, state governments like the WA Loony Nazi Party
> government, are free to, as they are doing,  further reduce what
> little democracy we have, and, force amalgamations of local
> governments, to reduce further, any representation of the people, in
> government, so that things happen like my own local government
> performing the equivalent of Hitler's invasion of Poland, on a
> neighbouring local government, and, as with parliamentary prohibitions
> of democracy in Australia, we, the people, have no say in government.
>
> That is what happens when we have no human rights, and the
> International Covenant on Civil and Politcal Rights, are of no effect,
> and, the people, for the most part, simply do not care - "Evil
> flourishes where apathy prevails".
>

>> And as for the recognition of
>> Aboriginals in AU ... that is also completely unnecessary; any person,
>> no matter what, if they set foot in Australian, then they are covered by
>> our constitution.  Aboriginals are no different to other Australians,
>> every person is covered.  They want to screw the Constitution under the
>> guise of /fixing/ these things, instead they'll f*** things right up and
>> we'll lose even more rights.
>>

> Regarding the issue of the Aboriginals, and, any other race; I do not
> know whether you have read the Australian Constitution Act, but,
> apartheid (= "apartness" - racial segregation and racial
> discrimination) is constitutionally legal and enforceable, in
> Australia.
>
>>> The bottom line remains unchanged - with Skype 2.2, and it not having
>>> the advances of the later versions of Skype, I could engage in video
>>> calls, using Debian 6, the operating system of my choice, and, with
>>> people using different versions of different operating systems, so
>>> that I could see the person with whom I was communicating, and, in
>>> motion, as we communicated (which allows for seeing changes in
>>> expressions, due to a person's reaction to things said), and, that was
>>> both ways, and, now, Microsoft has taken away that facility and that
>>> functionality.
>>
>> It may not be that simple for all sorts of reasons.  There might be
>> bandaid fixes in place for old versions that they want or need to remove
>> for other reasons.  Of course, it may still be simple just the same.
>>
>> Cheers
>> A.
>>

> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> West Australia
>
> "So once you do know what the question actually is,

Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia