Re: Skype access cancelled for Debian versions before 7

On 03/08/2014, Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/08/2014, AW <debian.list.tracker@1024bits.com> wrote:
>>

> <snip>
>
>> So, for many users a Skype client is necessary... unless Microsoft
>> decided to work on making Skype fully interoperable with other SIP
>> servers.  Although, I somehow doubt this would ever happen.
>>
>> But... To the OP... Debian 6 is no longer a supported version.
>> Updating shouldn't be too hard as long as the machine is your own.  And
>> I seriously doubt anyone can truly expect a new version of a freely
>> offered [not free] software package to be built for a now unsupported
>> OS.
>>

> I did not expect for a new version of Skype, to be wriiten for me or
> for Debian 6.

In case it is not clear, it is not that a new version of the software,
is not available for Debian 6 - it is that the software that was
available for Debian 6, that, as I previously said, worked quite
happily, was killed suddenly, without just cause.

It is a bit like a street sniper, killing of members of the public -
"Why did you kill that person? That person did you no harm." "Because
I can, and, because I like doing it."

--
Bret Busby
Armadale