Re: Skype access cancelled for Debian versions before 7

I've tried linphone once or twice.  The basic issue with SIP phones is
that it's not really possible to jump networks.  It's kind of like a
cellphone network where you can only dial other subscribers of the same
network.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/linphone/

So, for many users a Skype client is necessary... unless Microsoft
decided to work on making Skype fully interoperable with other SIP
servers.  Although, I somehow doubt this would ever happen.

But... To the OP... Debian 6 is no longer a supported version.
Updating shouldn't be too hard as long as the machine is your own.  And
I seriously doubt anyone can truly expect a new version of a freely
offered [not free] software package to be built for a now unsupported
OS.

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 01:09:14 +0200