Re: Wheezy: pressing power button initiates a suspend in parallel with system halt

I'm running stable on an amd64 PC since wheezy release. Until recently, I was able to nicely suspend and resume the system by pressing the hardware "power" button on the chassis.

After a recent update (not sure which packages are involved, as a lot of time has passed since the last update on that machine), I noticed that when I press the power button the system starts to suspend, but at the same time a shutdown is started - I can get a glimpse of the message:

Power button pressed.

as it appears on all terminals just before the screen blanks. As a result of this, as soon as the system completes the resume, it goes on and continues with the shutdown and the machine powers off.

I'm using GNOME classic session.

How do I debug this? Where do I begin?

In case someone finds it useful:

I ended up searching for "Power button pressed" on the internets and with rgrep in /etc, found /etc/acpi/powerbtn-acpi-support.sh, and from there /usr/share/acpi-support/policy-funcs, ran the various commands in CheckPolicy by hand, and basically independently discovered http://bugs.debian.org/755969 :-)
That bug has the 3-character fix.

Marcin