Re: Lost high res desktop settings on vbox upgrade to 4.3.14

John Bleichert <syborg@earthlink.net> writes:

>> Sorry, I am a bit late in the thread. So, maybe this has been suggested
>> already. If so, please ignore my message.
>>
>> Did you notice that currently in Jessie there is a dependency problem
>> with VirtualBox? It needs a newer version of xorg-video-abi than is
>> currently available. It could be your problem is related to this.
>>
>> Grx HdV
>>

> Running VB 4.3.14 on Jessie here and I can get any resolution I want
> up to my LCD's full screen 1920x1080.  Depending on your resize
> settings the res's available in a "window" will be limited. Do these
> client limits still apply in full screen?
>
> PS: I just noticed I haven't updated the client's tools yet.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this somewhere along this thread but it
may have been lost sight of by now.

I'm running vbox in win7 not in debian.

My troubles are getting a higher res inside a vbox guest that is
running jessie, but jessie is guest on a windows 7 host.