Re: Lost high res desktop settings on vbox upgrade to 4.3.14

"hdv@gmail" <hdv.jadev@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry, I am a bit late in the thread. So, maybe this has been suggested
> already. If so, please ignore my message.
>
> Did you notice that currently in Jessie there is a dependency problem
> with VirtualBox? It needs a newer version of xorg-video-abi than is
> currently available. It could be your problem is related to this.

I'm a little denser than most.... would that still be a factor when
Vbox itself is running in win 7 ... jessie, in this case is the guest
on a windows host.

My lack of higher res, began when I updated to 4.3.12.  But I'm
wondering now if that was really the cause, or something else I did,
because going back to a previous version doesn't restore the res
either.

And now I've updated to 4.3.15 on someone's suggestion and that hasn't
corrected the res problem either.

Far, as I remember I didn't monkey around with any xorg type
settings.

All that, not with standing, I did have 1500+ X ???? not so long ago,
in this same guest.  I've lost track of what version I was running
when I last had higher res, but I think it was 4.1.32. However
dropping back to that doesn't help now either.