Is there a list 'charter' somewhere? (was ... Re: FWIW: script vs. configurtion file)

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 03:47:00PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 06:14:13 +1200
> Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> > > Not offtopic at all, since some (heated, or protracted)
> > > discussions, drag out due to the lack of shared terminology/
> > > shared understanding of concepts being discussed.
> >
> > I know you are just stiring but it *is* off-topic according to the
> > list charter.
>
> Where does one see the list charter? Neither googling
> "debian-user"+"mailing list"+charter nore  "debian-user"+"mailing
> list"+rules nor a search on the debian.org site itself nor just general
> searching came up with it within the top 20 results.

Oh. Ok, but I was using the same terms that Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
used when he talked about the debian-testing mailing list and how people
were wondering if that was the list to discuss testing issues from a
user perspective.

But the debian-user list is for Debian support, and discussing the
issues of scripting versus configuration is therefore off-topic, IMHO.

Maybe the CoC implicitly defines the list charter.

I'll take the risk and CC Henrique and Don since Don appears to
be a listmaster see what they have to say.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X