Re: Is there a list 'charter' somewhere? (was ... Re: FWIW: script vs. configurtion file)

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014, Chris Bannister wrote:
> Oh. Ok, but I was using the same terms that Henrique de Moraes
> Holschuh used when he talked about the debian-testing mailing list and
> how people were wondering if that was the list to discuss testing
> issues from a user perspective.

It's not for user support. debian-testing@lists.debian.org is for
finding problems with the installation and upgrade process and fixing
those problems.[1]

> But the debian-user list is for Debian support, and discussing the
> issues of scripting versus configuration is therefore off-topic, IMHO.

Unless it's directly related to Debian and the support of Debian, it
probably doesn't belong on debian-user@lists.debian.org. See
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/ for more information.

Of course, threads discussing whether a thread is off topic or not are
also not really on topic, so it's best to suggest that people take a
discussion to a more appropriate mailing list by e-mailing them
privately.

Every Debian mailing list has a description of its primary topic on
https://lists.debian.org.

> I'll take the risk and CC Henrique and Don since Don appears to
> be a listmaster see what they have to say.

If you want to talk to the listmasters in the future, e-mailing
listmasters@lists.debian.org is the way to do so.

1: https://lists.debian.org/debian-testing/

This can't be happening to me. I've got tenure.
 -- James Hynes _Publish and Perish_