Re: Sid Systemd upgrade

Chris Bannister wrote:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 08:16:57AM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
That does capture things in a nutshell.  Some of us actually run Debian in
production, server environments - and have enough issues keeping things up
for our users.  As someone pointed out a little earlier:

"No where, just "go ahead and test". For me it meabns debian is now
disqualified for serious computing. welcome to game systems."

This kind of things, and attitude, makes me really think twice about
continuing to use Debian for production.  If I'm going to put the time into
"going ahead and testing," I'm seriously thinking it's time to use that time
to test something that might remain more stable going forward.  (I'm
starting to think slackware, or one of the BSDs.)
Are you seriously telling us you are running testing in a production
environment?

Where in my comment do you read any suggestion that I'm running testing in a production environment?

In point of fact, I'm running a mix of Squeeze and Lenny. I'm about as conservative as you get about what goes into production. As end-of-life issues force me to think about upgrading - all this systemd stuff is scaring the crap out of me.

Miles Fidelman