Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On Sat 19 Jul 2014 at 13:11:47 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> LOL, how do you do it Andrei? You've tried and failed to rebut me three
> times...
>
> On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 14:28:55 +0300
> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It seems to me like you're trolling, but I'll assume good faith and
> > reply anyway.
> >
> > On Vi, 18 iul 14, 18:22:49, Steve Litt wrote:

> > > I've used Linux every day since March 2001, and I never had a
> > > problem with the way it booted or initialized, other than Grub2.
> > > Until this systemd thing came up, I never heard an *actual Linux
> > > user* gripe about its init, although of course the pro-Microsoft
> > > and pro-Apple folks griped about it all the time.
> >
> > Sorry, but this is not about you. From what I can tell you're not
> > even using applications requiring systemd, so what are you actually
> > complaining about?
>
> Which is exactly why I added never hearing of an *actual Linux user*.
> It's not about me. It's about people who use Linux every day to get
> their work done. They're clamoring for a lot of things, but a new init
> system isn't one of them.

The same users who never griped about sysvinit will switch to the
default init system and not gripe about that either. Ok, there may a
moan or two but most will boot without problems, just as they did when
there were other major changes to Debian.

Please remember that a GR to adjust the TC's decision couldn't even
garner 5 or so supporters in two weeks. That tells us a lot.