Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 05:44:37PM +0100, Brian wrote:

> I have no testing install to hand at the moment so perhaps you could
> list these packages for us. Please indicate the ones for which there is
> no "real need".

Here is a fairly naive list of packages which have a hard dependency on
packages which have a hard dependency on systemd. The items beginning at
column one are the packages which depend on systemd, the items indented
beneath "Reverse Depends:" are the packages which depend on that
package. By "hard dependency" I have excluded packages that only make a
recommendation/suggestion or offer an alternative. I have also removed
anything that is systemd-specific.

There are a few items that make me wonder what the next level of the
tree would look like, but I think that would be a bit unwieldy for the
list so haven't checked.

libpam-systemd
  Reverse Depends:
    udisks2
    policykit-1
    network-manager
    lightdm
    gnome-bluetooth
    gdm3

sogo
  Reverse Depends:
    sogo-openchange
    sogo-dbg

lighttpd
  Reverse Depends:
    lighttpd-mod-webdav
    lighttpd-mod-trigger-b4-dl
    lighttpd-mod-mysql-vhost
    lighttpd-mod-magnet
    lighttpd-mod-cml
    iipimage-server
    dotclear

gnome-settings-daemon
  Reverse Depends:
    gnome-core
    indicator-session
    gnome-shell
    gnome-session
    gnome-power-manager
    gnome-session-flashback
    gnome-packagekit-session
    gnome-music
    gnome-control-center
    gdm3

Cheers,
Tom

--
How should I know if it works?  That's what beta testers are for.  I
only coded it.