Re: How to add package sources?

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:14:39PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Thu 17 Jul 2014 at 12:09:27 -0700, Bob Holtzman wrote:

> > > "It's cool!" :-)  Visit http://http.debian.net/ and read about it.
> > > Here is the original announcement of it.
> > >
> > >   https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/06/msg00007.html
> >
> > Thanks. You had me scared for a minute. Now I'm not scared but I'm
> > confused. I guess that's better than scared.
> >
> > I had the ftp mirror for my sources. Am I to assume that
> >
> > deb http://http.debian.net/debian stable main
> >
> > replaces the security and update sources? It looks like it obviates
> > selecting a mirror, ie ftp.debian.org.
>
> Not the security archive.

Since

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free

is already in sources, a simple switch from debian.org to debian.net is
all that's required. True?

To recap and make *damned* sure I understand,

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main non-free contrib
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib
non-free

are replaced with

deb http://http.debian.net/debian stable main contrib non-free(http
twice? doesn't look right)

and the security and backports archives are unchanged except for the
switch to debian.net.

Thanks

--
Bob Holtzman
A man is a man who will fight with a sword