Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On Fri 18 Jul 2014 at 11:21:51 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> I don't think one single person objected to the systemd software
> itself. It's right for some, not so right for others.
>
> All the objections had to do with forcing people to accept systemd. Vim
> and Emacs are both excellent, but if we all were forced to adopt Emacs,
> or if we were all forced to adopt Vim, all hell would break loose.
>
> The other thing is, a lot of people thought the current init system was
> working just fine.

They choose to stick with it then. Noone is being forced to accept
systemd.

  Opting out of the switch                                                                                               ========================

  If users want to opt out of the switch, they can install the
  sysvinit-core package which will satisfy the dependency of the "init"
  package

    https://lists.debian.org/87mwc9gfsw.fsf@xoog.err.no