Re: networked multi-function colour laser printers

On 07/15/2014 10:46 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Tuesday 15 July 2014 00:45:25 Doug wrote:
XSane
is smart enough to take care of that
No it's not, it needs the right drivers.  Either you already happened to have
them, or your printer driver must have supplied Scanner drivers.

Lisi

I did not have the printer driver installed when I ran XSane for the
first time. Searching in "Find files/folders" for *epson* shows
some files with sane in the name, but I HAD NOT INSTALLED the
printer driver at the time I ran the scanner. (The printer would
not print graphics until I installed the printer driver.) I must assume
the scanner driver is built into XSane or it is built in to the system
somehow. If you go to the Epson linux website, you will find that
there is a different driver for the scanner. Also, there is no provision
in Mint for installing a scanner driver. Only a printer driver. If one
wished to install a scanner driver, I don't know how he would do so.

That's all I know. I'm not a Linux maven, so shoot me!

--doug