Re: networked multi-function colour laser printers

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 13:37:39 -0400, Doug wrote:

> On 07/14/2014 10:45 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> I can't speak for Debian, but I am using an Epson WP-4530
> multifunction. I have never had to load a driver for it in
> PCLinuxOS-KDE or in Mint KDE, which uses Ubuntu software.

I am tempted by the Epson WorkForce range -- but past experience with
ink-jet printers makes me suspicious.  In periods of low use, don't the
nozzles clog?  They say the inks are water resistant, but dont sweaty or
moist hands smudge the print?  And most importantly, do the colours
survive a few months pinned on the wall, or does daylight bleach them?

If you have found they run under Mint, it is a good sign that they will
work under Debian.

richard

--
Richard Lyons