Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:29:02 +0200
berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> Le 09.07.2014 23:06, Steve Litt a écrit :
> > Anyone who regularly uses nohup for this kind of thing should try
> > the following:
> >
> > find / -type f -name nohup.out -exec ls -l {} +
>
> Well... this, or simply append a "> /dev/null" in the end of the
> command :)

I think you meant, do this:

find / -type f -name nohup.out -exec rm -f {} +

I never pipe anything directly into a delete command, I'm too chicken.
What I usually do is something more like this:

find / -type f -name nohup.out -exec ls -l {} + > danger.sh

Then I edit danger.sh to do the proper deletions, and remove anything I
don't want to delete. Then I do this:

. ./danger.sh

rm -f danger.sh

SteveT