Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 16:03:31 +0200
berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> I forgot that systemd is able to "spy" processes it starts, IIRC, to
> avoid tricks like the double fork, which means a better control on
> zombie processes. Don't know much about that, though.

Dam, dude, doublefork is how my Umenu hierarchical menu works. If that
breaks, a program I've used since 1998 goes down the toilet.

Let me ask you this: If doublefork is banned, how does one keep working
with the child program when the parent is terminated, without using
that stupid nohup command that continually grows its own, huge and
insecure nohup.out files, in whatever its current directory happens to
be?

I certainly hope that systemd isn't cancelling a design pattern used
since the dawn of time.

SteveT