Re: simple database solution without root access

Ahoj,

Dňa Mon, 7 Jul 2014 11:45:32 -0400 Steve Litt
<slitt@troubleshooters.com> napísal:

> On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 21:05:10 -0600
> Joe Pfeiffer <joseph@pfeifferfamily.net> wrote:
>
> I've always thought that's *exactly* what makes it a text file. If
> every character's ascii value is between 32 and 126, along with
> CarriageReturn and Linefeed, it's a text file, regardless of how
> readable it is, because it's a whole lot more readable than stuff with
> the upper 129 chars and the miscellaneous control characters (Bell,
> pagefeed, etc).
>
> Now being a text file doesn't guarantee reasonable readability or
> parsability, as anyone who's looked at M$ XML or ODF can attest. But
> with a text file, at least you've got a fighting chance to reverse
> engineer it.

Your text file is not able to contain text in languages, which have
more than 26 letters, then it is not a text file. My language, for
example, has 43 letters... Pure ASCII is very old definition, which was
enhanced by ISO-8859-X (more than 15 years ago) to respect other
languages, and these are deprecated now by the UTF-X (Unicode).

Despite that in this ML we are writing in English, it is a
international ML, then please, do not think in English only, but
think internationally, when you are trying to generalize.

BTW, one from my first big computer things, was learn my old 8 bit
computer to write in the (something as equivalent of current) Latin2
and Cyrillic, cca 25 years ago.

regards

--
Slavko