Re: simple database solution without root access

2014/07/07 10:39 "Joe Pfeiffer" <pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu>:

> Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > 2014/07/07 5:08 "Nuno Magalhães" <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt>:

> >> SQLite keeps data in binary files.
> >
> > What do you mean by that?
>
> Presumably, as opposed to human-readable text files.

Uhm, is text not a subset of binary (when talking about the contents of the files that implement a database)? Does SQLite encode  text fields in some non-human-readable manner?

Okay, thinking about it a bit, the lack of delimiters, and the puzzling nature of binary zero when trying to read it as text, might be what Nuno was referring to. Comma delimited files provide visible, understandable delimiters,

Oh, and the INTEGER PRIMARY KEY is never readable as TEXT.

For some people seeking to keep data in text format, that might disqualify SQLite. Apparently not  the OP?