Re: Clone GPT partition table - with Lenny ?

On 06/07/2014 22:49, Bzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 22:35:03 +0100

Apparently, this is very easy:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/12986/how-to-copy-the-partition-layout-of-a-whole-disk-using-standard-tools

I mentioned Lenny, because it matters. I'd found that page before posting, looked forward to trying it, and was very disappointed to find that gdisk does not seem to be available in the Lenny repositories.

But once again, if your disk0 partition is N bytes (MB|GB|TB)
and your disk1 partition is N+X bytes, RAID will manage
and will only use N bytes from disk1 partition.

I dealt with this in the previous post. If Disk1 unnecessarily uses X bytes for partition m, say, then there are not sufficient bytes left for partition n.

regards, Ron