Re: Clone GPT partition table - with Lenny ?

On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 20:54:10 +0100
Ron Leach <ronleach@tesco.net> wrote:

Oops, I read a tiny bit too fast.

> machine to Wheezy. So I need to partition the new disk, and I'd
> like it to be an exact clone of the existing RAID1 member, so that
> each partition starts on the same sector, etc.  I can then repair
> the arrays using mdadm.

You can still use dd to copy the partition table (others will
tell you the right syntax); however, RAID easily copes with
bigger partitions, as it only uses the place it needs.

--
Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking
distance.