Re: Clone GPT partition table - with Lenny ?

On 06/07/2014 21:56, Bzzzz wrote:
I think you also read too fast, apparently he just wanna
have the same partition table.

Which RAID doesn't care, eg:
dsk0 partition = 100 (sectors, GB, whatever)
dsk1     "     = 101 or 4242.42

RAID will only pick 100 on dsk1 partition to achieve
its work.

Sure, but since the whole disk is partitioned, and both discs are the same size, if some partition is larger than needed, some other partition will be smaller than needed.

I just want the same partition layout, but the installer chose it, and I wasn't sure how to ensure that I get the 'exact' same sizes on the 8 partitions.

To Matt, I want just the partition table, not the data, because mdadm expects to resync the data; it seems to get muddled if it cannot. I'll look at the wiki page you found.

regards, Ron