Re: GTK crashing X?

On 6/30/2014 4:29 PM, Brian wrote:
On Mon 30 Jun 2014 at 15:41:48 -0700, Matt Ventura wrote:

The card shows up as:
01:09.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
[AMD/ATI] Rage XL PCI (rev 27)

I'm hesitant to apt-get --purge autoremove since it wants to remove systemd.

If I install xorg and fvwm, it works fine. I can run xclock, it
shows up, and I can move it around.
When I install xfce4, then startx crashes with the segfault at 0xc,
signal 11.
You weigh up

    http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse-bugs/2014-02/msg02602.html

and the links in it and see if there is anything comparable in the BTS.
Then go from there.

Thanks, the "ExaNoComposite" option worked for me.