Re: Early access to a console (during runlevel 1)

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 08:48:26AM +0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2014-06-25, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 11:52:46PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> >>
> >> A proactive admin should be aware of these things and schedule
> >> appropriate preventative maintenance.
> >
> > May I suggest Qualitative Maintenance as a better strategy.
> >
> > http://assetinsights.net/Glossary/G_Qualitative_Maintenance.html
> >
> > (as opposed to Preventative Maintenance.)
> >

> I, for one (well), prefer Preventive Maintenance to Preventative
> Maintenance, and Quality Maintenance to Qualitative Maintenance.

e.g. It was quality maintenance being done but unfortunately the wrong
type of maintenance was being performed too often.

 * quality maintenance - tasks done to a high standard.
 * qualitative maintenance - tasks carefully chosen to extend the
   longevity and performance of a device.
 * preventative maintenance - series of tasks done at specified
   intervals (without regard to longevity and performance of a device.)
   IOW, do the tasks cause unnecessary wear and tear themselves?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X