Re: Early access to a console (during runlevel 1)

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 14:34:58 -0600
Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> What practical alternative suggestion do you have in response?

First, try to understand why fsck has failed; is it
"just a small error"?, may be due to a power failure,
or is it a big failure? may be due to the HD falling
apart.
What exactly failed, etc.

Erasing error output just doesn't erase the cause,
and the cause might be very dangerous to the system's
health…

This also means more frequent FS checks ("I'm waiting
for hours fsck to complete" IS NOT a good excuse).

Now, if you think your way's the best, keep on going
to the bottom of it, and just replace fsck with an
empty script that always returns 1.

--
<CAncun> my mother gave me a superb remark about the missing
         night table to the left of my bed: "your girlfriend