Re: Question: debian way to create debian live-dvd

On Sun, 6/22/14, Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

 Subject: Question: debian way to create debian live-dvd
 To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
 Date: Sunday, June 22, 2014, 9:57 AM

 Hello list,

 I want to create a debian live-cd from an installed debian
 system.

 What is the best debian way? live-build can not be used, as
 there are some
 manually copied files on my system, I want to preserve (i.e.
 my own wordlists)
 and some applications, which are not available as debian
 packages.

 At the moment I am using bootcdwrite. If there are better
 tools (I believe,
 there is also live-helper), please point them to me.

 What I imagine is:

 - the live-cd should be runable (just like knoppix or
 similar)
 - it should be installable, when the user needs it
 - the installation should be automatically (just overwrite
 the complete
 harddrive)
 - user friendly (one-click-solution)

 I am sure, this is possible, but still did not find the
 correct tools.

 Any help is welcome.

 Best regards

 Hans

refractasnapshot and refractainstaller - http://www.ibiblio.org/refracta/ - will create a bootable cd, dvd or USB of your working system.  I have found it to be rock solid. However, it's not exactly one click and may require some adjustments to various configuration files.  IMO, it's the best option out there.