Re: SOLVED was: Re: Networking an all-in-one printer/scanner/fax

http://www.acronymfinder.com/
> After a while, I believe that figured out the "AIO" (= All
> in One?),

> > but I do not understand the "ULD".

Someone had already asked about that and I had explained it.  It is Samsung's
Linux Driver.

> > If people could avoid the
> use of acronyms, it would make understanding messages, easier for us
> simple foilk.

 I agree with you - but none-the-less, sadly, it is common practice.  I often
don't understand things.  I do not even know what HPLIP stands for.  (Though
I know what it is, as I do HPIJS.)  In my own defence, not understanding it
in this case didn't matter because I had said the exact model number to which
I was referring.  "Multifunction" would have been better.

> 2. How did you manage to get the scanning, working?

It Just Worked - with the Samsung driver already installed from before and the
version of Xsane on which it depended.

> I have previously mentioned, on this, or the Debian printing list,
> that I have a Samsung CLX3185FW  (which I believe, is supposed to also
> be able to operate as a network device, wireless or wired), but that I
> have not been able to scan from it to a computer, since Debian 6 was
> implemented.

Talk to Samsung.  They helped me when I first installed the CLX4195FN.  You
will have to fight your way past first line support to reach those who
actually know something.

> I am assuming that you are using Debian 6 or later, for your CLX 4195FN.

From the second email in this thread, which I sent immediately after I had
sent the first:
<quote>
I omitted to say that the two computers are both running Debian Wheezy with
TDE 3.5.13.2.  The router is one supplied by Virgin (a cable company).  I
have no details.
</quote>
Sorry.  I obviously ought to have included it in the original mail.

Lisi