Procmail them out of your life: was how to auto-configure network adapter (ie. enable internet access)?

On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 03:37:13 +1000
Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:

> On 4/06/2014 11:15 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> > Yes, it is in my nature to call a spade a spade.  And you have
> > already shown you have little background in Linux, as this post
> > once again shows.  Yet you refuse to even attempt to learn the
> > basic knowledge you need to even understand how to use Linux.
> > Instead, you go searching forums and mailing lists, expecting
> > people to hand-feed you.
> >
> > It's not a judgement, and it's not stereotyping.  It is what you
> > have shown you are by your words.  The fact you don't like it means
> > nothing to me.  I only care about those willing to take
> > responsibility for their actions and knowledge.
>
> Amen brother, you picked this jerk well.  Wonder if we can discourage
> him enough to choose another community to bring down, or better still
> to have him go offline completely!

Seriously, Andrew (and everyone else), why not make Debian-Users life
more pleasant for yourself, and simply procmail those you consider a
waste of bandwidth out of your life. I've procmailed out 13 Debian-Users
people so far, and now I find less conflict on the list, and I don't get
in a bad mood seeing things that clash with my beliefs, I get in less
arguments, and oh yeah, I get higher signal to noise ratio and much
more useful technical information.

Whatever your pet-peeve, whether it's the proudly stupid, the ingrates,
the symptom description fascists, the conflict thrivers, the offtopic
brigade, those who are in love with themselves, or the just plain
crazy, you can get rid of them with four lines (or three if you want
them *totally* out of your life) in procmail.rc. I would expect, and in
fact encourage, those of you whom I annoy, to procmail me out of your
lives.

By procmailing annoyances out of your life, you'd be doing yourself a
favor, and as a pleasant side effect, you'd be doing the whole list a
favor when the list doesn't have to see highly emotional responses to
stupid posts.

Thanks,

SteveT