Re: Post-installation: how to auto-configure network adapter (ie. enable internet access)?

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 17:01:04 -0700 (PDT)
Horatio Leragon <hleragon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did you mean that at the console, tty1, I type the following command?
>
> sudo apt-get install network-manager

If you didn't unselect "Desktop Environment" during install, it's
already installed.

> What do the terms "iface", "mapping", "allow-hotplug eth1", "iface lo inet loopback", "up flush-mail" mean?
>
> Brian, not everyone has a computer science or IT degree.

Read some basic introduction about basic networking terms. Then you
could read some basic introduction to Linux networking.

For your current problem, you didn't provide us enough information. We
don't even know if your network cable is pluged in or you expect to be
cnnected by wireless.

Regards

--
http://markorandjelovic.hopto.org

Please make your donation for humanitarian aid for flood victims in
Serbia: http://www.floodrelief.gov.rs/eng/