Re: Post-installation: how to auto-configure network adapter (ie. enable internet access)?

On 6/4/2014 7:29 AM, Horatio Leragon wrote:

*From:* Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net>
*To:* debian-user@lists.debian.org
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 4, 2014 9:48 AM
*Subject:* Re: Post-installation: how to auto-configure network adapter
(ie. enable internet access)?

 > Maybe you need to look at current information.  The blog you
reference is over 6 years old.  A lot has changed since then!

Look, how am I supposed to know that Debian commands have changed a lot
over the course of 6 years?

YOU aren't.  You refuse to learn.  The rest of us use CURRENT DOCUMENTATION.

I read a lot of hype on the internet, telling me that Debian is the most
stable of all Linux OSes. One of the hallmarks of stability is basic
commands do not change over time. Take example Microsoft Windows OS.
Microsoft Windows XP is the most stable OS to come out of Microsoft to
date. It is about 12+ years old. Have their commands changed since the
launch in 2001? No.

No, that does NOT necessarily mean "basic commands do not change over time". That is the hallmark of a stale OS. Good OS's change as needs and resources change.

Stable DOES mean you don't need to update the kernel every six weeks, and it doesn't crash every time you turn your back.

 > But once again, I forgot.  You refuse to learn.

It's the pot calling the kettle black, Jerry. If I remember it right,
you refuse to learn to stop being judgmental and stereotyping people.

But I guess it's simply in your nature.

Yes, it is in my nature to call a spade a spade. And you have already shown you have little background in Linux, as this post once again shows. Yet you refuse to even attempt to learn the basic knowledge you need to even understand how to use Linux. Instead, you go searching forums and mailing lists, expecting people to hand-feed you.

It's not a judgement, and it's not stereotyping. It is what you have shown you are by your words. The fact you don't like it means nothing to me. I only care about those willing to take responsibility for their actions and knowledge.

Jerry