how to use l2tp-ipsec-vpn ?

dear everyone,

i installed l2tp-ipsec-vpn and l2tp-ipsec-vpn-daemon in my debian wheezy 7.5 with gnome3, then i got the "l2tp ipsec vpn manager" icon in the system tools category, i double click it and input my root password, after that, it says:

Failed to run L2tpIpsecVpn 'connectioneditor' 'desktopsession' 'default' as user root.
The underlying authorization mechanism(sudo) does not allow you to run this program. Contact the system administrator.

what should i do to fix the problem? thanks.