Re: systemd situation in Jesssie

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 09:16:41PM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I believe hplip is maintained by the same people who maintain CUPS. If
> not the two groups are certainly in constant friendly communication.

hplip is maintained by Debian HPIJS and HPLIP maintainers:
pkg-hpijs-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

cups is maintained by Debian Printing Team:
debian-printing@lists.debian.org

Changelogs show different maintainers as far as I can tell.

> And in friendly communication with Apple, which has its on axe(s) to
> grind. Imagine the consequences for Apple if CUPS became obsolete and
> unuseable to Apple, because of a future trend in networked computing.

True, they probably do so. The only thing that I cannot imagine is Apple
caring about PolicyKit, which is not used in Macs, being favorite RedHat
toy.

Reco