Re: systemd situation in Jesssie

19.05.2014, 00:21, "Tom H" <tomh0665@gmail.com>:

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM, David Dušanić <ivanovnegro@gmail.com> wrote:

 Systemd-shim is there to provide functions by systemd on a system that does
 not use it as its init system. It could be useful when you depend on Gnome 3
 software like network-manager but do not want to use systemd.

AFAIUI:

It's not clear that systemd-shim is going to be updated to deal with
systemd 208 (it works with systemd 204) because of changes in the
kernel's cgroup implementation because Ubuntu's switching to systemd
so it doesn't need to do so.

So unless someone packages Ubuntu's cgmanager and patches logind 208
to use it (and perhaps does even more than that), it's unlikely that
systemd-shim will be useful in jessie as a systemd
mini-/micro-substitute.