Re: FSF condemns partnership between Mozilla and Adobe to support Digital Restrictions Management

On 5/20/14, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 May 2014 21:40:56 +1000
> Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
>> On 5/17/14, Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> wrote:
>> > Don't forget, that justice is not when all criminals are imprisoned
>> > and/or punished, but when no one blameless is persecuted.
>>
>> Very eloquent and beautiful words.
>> Thank you Slavko.
>
> But this is precisely the problem with some of the dogmatic idealists
> here - by this logic, we should abolish criminal justice entirely, as
> it's virtually impossible to guarantee that "no one blameless" will
> ever be "persecuted":
> http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/guilty.htm

I don't remember reading the words Slavko posted before, but the way I
read it is as:
"we must make our best efforts to not persecute blameless people" and
"if blameless people are being persecuted, we must make more efforts
[eg with our criminal justice system - to fix this problem]".

So not abolish criminal justice, but make more efforts in this system
to reduce/minimize persecution/punishment of people who should not be
punished.

Of course perfection cannot be achieved in reality, I agree.