Re: Will Iceweasel stay open source?

On 16/05/14 05:41, Eelis wrote:

>>> The article talks about "preventing users from saving the content".
>>> That's content that the closed-source CDM plugin decrypted and passed
>>> on to Firefox, isn't it?
>>
>> Yes.
>> (sigh, it's 5:30am here, I'm tired)
>> Perhaps the article and I haven't been clear - the sandbox is the big
>> change. In itself all it does is restrict the plugin (protect *your*
>> privacy from the closed source plugin).
>
> If the restrictions in the sandbox are for restricting the plugin, then
> why would Adobe need to audit the sandbox source code to make sure
> restrictions imposed on users are respected?

Huh?  You know you answered your own question (well done!)
"to make sure restrictions imposed on users are respected"

To make sure we haven't modified the sandbox and t-ed the stream off to
PirateBay where the companies lawyers make mountains out of molehills
counting views as missed purchases.

Regards