Re: Can't boot after harddrive replacement

On Sun, 11 May 2014 11:46:25 +0300
Itay <debian@itayf.fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi
>

> Old disk was 300GB and failing.  New is 1TB.
>
> I replaced the old harddrive and made few steps to copy the system
> back to the new drive (see below).
>
> Obviously I missed something as the system does not boot.  BIOS comes
> up alright.

Just for fun in a ten minute diagnostic test that could shed light on
the situation, why don't you boot a live CD, hopefully one with a
kernel somewhat similar to the one on your new harddrive, mount the hard
drive root partition somewhere, chroot to that mount, and then run
mount -a. I bet you'd get a lot of information.

If all of the above works right, then I'd imagine your problem is either
in your bootloader or your kernel. If some of the above fails, that
tells you where to apply your Troubleshooting Foo.

HTH,

SteveT