Re: dist-upgrade installs new package, lists it as autoremove candidate

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 03:29:49PM +0200, Carlo wrote:
> I would tell you a my tip:
>
> - if you want go from stable to testing/unstable before you must
> change your channel in repository's file located in
> /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> - after this edit, these are the right sequence of command by terminal:
>
> # apt-get update
> # apt-get upgrade
> # apt-get install apt dpkg aptitude
> # aptitude safe-upgrade
???
> # aptitude full-upgrade
???
> # update-grub

Where did you get this idea of using aptitude, Carlo?  Is this in
current release/installation guide?  Curious.  safe-upgrade may be
harmless.  But full-upgrade had some odd behavior cases.

(OP may have been hit by multiarch related issue.  Your suggestion of
"apt-get install ..." or similar may help avoid some of them.)

I thought we are not recommending to use the command line use of
aptitude for the release-to-release upgrade.  (I love aptitude in
console terminal view.)

Regards,

Osamu