Re: Personal Recommendations for Free List Compatible Email Service

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014, Richard Hector wrote:

> On 24/04/14 04:06, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >
> > I don't know if a Google/gmail account is really _required_ with
> > Android phones, but you are strongly advised (and nagged) to set up
> > one.  As you said, without it, no OS or app updates, no app
> > downloads, etc.  So for full phone functionality, you need one.
>
> I got OS updates until they dropped the Galaxy Nexus updates with the
> update to Kitkat.

Well, my Andoid phone is somewhat older -- T-Mobile Comet (Huawei
M835) -- and the OS -- Android 2.2.  So, things have changed.  The
last OS update/upgrade I got was years ago.  From 2.1 to 2.2.  I don't
think the phone can handle anything newer.  When I check for OS
updates, it says the OS is up-to-date.  I occassionally do get app
updates. Bug fixes, I assume.